Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hey guys!  I thought I'd start the ball rolling this month with some fiction.  This piece is actually part of a longer (currently unfinished) story, but it can also stand alone, so I thought I'd share it.  Feel free to leave comments and constructive criticism, as I, like everyone, am trying to improve, and grow my skills as an author and storyteller.  Now, without further ado, the prologue of my story Like Magic, titled Don't Mind Me.


I was sitting at my desk, trying desperately to complete a page of Calculus, and failing miserably. Now, don't misunderstand me, the math was not difficult.  Despite loathing the subject, I was actually rather good at it.  No, you see, the real problem was that there was no way I would be able to focus when a cute guy was sitting across the room, checking me out.


It's only fair to tell you that I haven't had much luck with the opposite sex.  Quite frankly, most of the time I can't tell if a boy likes me or hates me.  There was something about this one, though.  Tall, thin, blonde hair, and the glassiest blue eyes I'd ever seen.  When I looked at him and our eyes met, I felt like I could see right through him.  I pretended to scribble a bit down in my math notebook, hoping he wouldn't notice the glances I was frequently sending in his direction.  After a while, though, I couldn't help but chance another.

His eyes caught mine, and I started to get lost in them.  A deep, stunning sea of blue.  A few moments later, however, I checked myself.

What is wrong with me?! I thought, shifting my eyes to the page once more, and feeling a slight blush.  I picked up my pencil and chewed the eraser, a bit of a nervous habit I had.  Then, feeling self conscious, I set it back down.

I peeked over at the boy once again, sincerely hoping he was no longer looking at me.  He was, however, and this time wearing a self-satisfied smirk.  I kept my eyes plastered on my textbook for the rest of the period.

No comments:

Post a Comment